- “In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20 (NIV)
- “The poor are always ruled over by the rich, so don’t borrow and put yourself under their power.'” Proverbs 22:7 (MSG)
- “Do not wear yourself out to get rich. Have the wisdom to show restraint.” Proverbs 23:4-5 (MSG)
- “Don’t agree to guarantee another person’s debt or put up security for someone else. If you can’t pay it, even your bed will be snatched from under you.” Proverbs 22:26-27 (NLT)
- “Know your sheep by name; carefully attend to your flocks; (Don’t take them for granted; possessions don’t last forever, you know.) And then, when the crops are in and the harvest is stored in the barns, You can knit sweaters from lambs’ wool, and sell your goats for a profit; There will be plenty of milk and meat to last your family through the winter.” Proverbs 27:23-27 (MSG)
- “Committed and persistent work pays off; get-rich-quick schemes are ripoffs.” Proverbs 28:20 (MSG)
Thought I’d share a little ancient wisdom for you to ponder today.