I watched a beautiful video on facebook today. Here it is:
It reminded me of how powerful my words can be.
Some of you might wish I would stop posting about racial injustice, however, I know how powerful words can be and so I post.
- I post so that my children will know that their mother fought hard against the injustices they will face.
- I post so that my black friends know that they have an ally in me.
- I post, always hopeful that some of my white friends might read what I have shared or what I have written and allow it to challenge their view of the world.
- I post because I am a follower of Christ and he calls me to love others and sometimes love means pointing out sin. I wish I was more like him because he would do it differently. I’m working on that.
- I post because to stop posting would mean that I believe my words don’t matter.
- I post because to stop posting would mean that I surrendered to the idea that the world can’t be changed, or even one person can’t change.
- I post because to stop posting would mean that I believe racism in all its forms, (institutionalized racism, racist individuals and racist groups) has been eliminated.
So I will post.